Work for Good. Do you want a career with meaning and purpose? Children’s Home Society is one of South Dakota’s leaders in providing services to vulnerable children, women, and families.
As part of Children's Home Society, you will truly Word for Good every day—helping to change the world one day at a time, one child at a time, one woman, one family, one smile, hug, and heart at a time.
Children’s Inn, a program of Children’s Home Society, in Sioux Falls, SD is currently seeking a full-time Mental Health Crisis Therapist to provide individual and group counseling services and education to victims of abuse.
Children’s Inn Impact Statement:
We empower victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, and child abuse to overcome trauma and rebuild their lives, free from abuse.
What You’ll Do:
Your responsibilities as a Mental Health Crisis Therapist would include:
- Provide crisis and short-term counseling to children, women, and families staying in shelter at Children’s Inn.
- Provide ongoing outreach individual/family counseling to former in-shelter clients as well as to community clients as needed.
- Facilitate psychoeducation/process groups for victims of abuse. May be both child and adult groups.
- Provide therapeutic response and activities for shelter clients.
- Collaborate with Case Managers on identified shelter clients as needed.
- Assist with training of new staff, volunteers and interns.
- Document contacts with clients and keep necessary statistical information.
- Develop/identify curriculum to be used to facilitate groups for victims of abuse.
- Assist with marketing counseling program to community and potential referral sources.
What We'll Love About You:
- You are able to fulfill the responsibilities of the position with little or no supervision and under often stressful conditions. You assess priorities and changing needs. You make prudent decisions, recommend policies and procedures and provide direction and leadership.
- You are able to provide courteous, personal attention to promote individual client satisfaction and the public perception and reputation of the organization.
- You are able to get important points across and understand the needs of children and families. You listen carefully to complex issues in order to effectively respond. You have excellent written and oral communication. You educate and mentor.
- You are able to conduct yourself in a manner that promotes professionalism and teamwork. You are responsible with highly confidential and sensitive information.
- You are able to organize and prioritize tasks to maximize productive results. You consistently meet deadlines.
Monday – Friday. Varied day and evening hours.
Experience/Education/Skills: Certified Social Worker or Licensed Professional Counselor able to provide therapy in the state of South Dakota (or be able to obtain licensure within first year of employment). Master’s Degree in Human Service discipline required. Experience providing therapy and experience working with families preferred. Valid driver’s license preferred.
Must be 21 years of age.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: Environment focused on care of children in crisis situations. The employee is regularly required to bend and sit on the floor with children. Must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
Compensation: Depends on experience
What You'll Love About Us:
- A Century of Service: Established in 1893, Children's Home Society of South Dakota is the state's oldest human service nonprofit organization. Through our many programs, we serve families, individuals, and children of all ages.
- Our Mission: We empower children, adults, families, and communities to be resilient, safe, healthy, and strong.
- Our Values: We are better together. We choose kindness. We are tenacious.
- Health Benefits: Traditional Medical and Medical with HSA. Vision. Dental.
- Additional Benefits: Group Life and AD&D. Short Term & Long Term Disability. Additional Voluntary Life, Critical Illness, and Accident plans. Employee Assistance Program.
- Paid Time Off: Generous PTO package. 10 paid holidays.
- Pension Plan and 401k: Employer contribution up to 8% of employee’s compensation.
- Training: On-site, industry-specific learning experiences.
- Loan Forgiveness: Qualifying employer under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Plan.
Must successfully complete all required background/pre-employment checks. EEO/AA.