Work for Good. Do you want a career with meaning and purpose? Children’s Home Society is one of South Dakota’s leaders in providing services to vulnerable children, women, and families.
As part of Children's Home Society, you will truly Work for Good every day—helping to change the world one day at a time, one child at a time, one woman, one family, one smile, hug, and heart at a time.
What You'll Do:
Your responsibilities as a Full-Time Classroom Teacher would include:
- Plan instructional tasks that are meaningful and related to learning goals.
- Communicate a high-level of expectation and clear learning goals to students.
- Adapt instruction to meet the needs of all students.
- Conduct on-going assessments for learning.
- Display enjoyment, humor, and enthusiasm for teaching and expect students to enjoy learning.
- Establish appropriate classroom rules and procedures that are clearly understood by all students.
- Participate in professional growth opportunities and demonstrate professionalism.
- Follow Agency and School policies and procedures.
- Support Agency goals.
- Report student progress through initial, quarterly, annual, and discharge reports in accordance with accreditation, licensing, and Agency standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What We'll Love About You:
- You are kind; showing kindness to students, colleagues, and all others around you.
- You are a builder; bridging gaps and building relationships within the classroom and throughout the school and its community.
- You are empathetic; being able to put yourself in someone’s shoes to see things from a variety of perspectives.
- You are compassionate; modeling compassion to the students with your actions resulting in students being more open to understanding the world around them.
- You are positive; staying positive when it’s tough and always looking on the bright side to make things better.
- You inspire; uncovering hidden treasures, possibilities, and magic right before everyone’s eyes.
Schedule: Year-round. Monday-Friday, 6:45am-2:45pm.
Experience/Education/Skills: Bachelor’s Degree in Education and the possession of a valid South Dakota teaching certificate; Special Education endorsement or certification preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: Must be able to physically restrain a child in ways taught by the Agency while being able to verbally communicate to the child and other staff. Must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
Compensation: Based on Experience.
What You'll Love About Us:
A Century of Service: Established in 1893, Children's Home Society of South Dakota is the state's oldest human service nonprofit organization. Through our many programs, we serve families, individuals, and children of all ages.
Licensing & Accreditation: We are accredited by The Joint Commission and licensed by South Dakota Department of Social Services as a Child Welfare Agency. We are also certified as a Special Education Program by the Department of Education and Cultural Affairs.
Our Mission: We empower children, adults, families, and communities to be resilient, safe, healthy, and strong.
Our Values: Excellence, Empowerment, Integrity, Hope, Unity.
Health Benefits: Traditional Medical and Medical with HSA. Vision. Dental.
Additional Benefits: Group Life and AD&D. Short Term & Long Term Disability. Additional Voluntary Life, Critical Illness, and Accident plans. Employee Assistance Program.
Paid Time Off: Generous PTO package. 10 paid holidays.
Pension Plan and 401k: Employer contribution up to 8% of employee’s compensation.
Training: On-site, industry-specific learning experiences.
Loan Forgiveness: Qualifying employer under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Plan.
Must successfully complete all required background/pre-employment checks. EO/AA.