Work for Good. Do you want a career with meaning and purpose? Children’s Home Society is one of South Dakota’s leaders in providing services to vulnerable children, women, and families.
As part of Children's Home Society, you will truly Work for Good every day—helping to change the world one day at a time, one child at a time, one woman, one family, one smile, hug, and heart at a time.
Black Hills Children's Home, a program of Children’s Home Society, in Rapid City, SD is currently seeking a Relief Registered Nurse. We empower children to overcome the trauma that has affected their lives and guide families toward strength and safety.
What You'll Do:
Your responsibilities as a Relief Registered Nurse would include:
- Schedule/oversee admission physical examinations and psychiatric evaluations; document appointments.
- Complete nursing assessment of new admissions, and ensure transportation arranged for examination appointments.
- Monitor and treat minor medical problems and pain and determine when Physician should be contacted, and review all medications when received for accuracy with physician’s orders.
- Document/log all medical related information.
- Complete discharge summaries and quarterly reports, and respond to medical questions from staff and medical emergencies.
- Obtain all medical supplies and monitor in-house stock, and monitor contents of First Aid Kits and ensure proper contents.
- Meet regularly with staff trained in administering medications.
- Attend required annual training. Maintain required certifications and proficiencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
What We'll Love About You:
- Documentation of pain assessment and/or reassessment is complete, and follow up on physician’s recommendations is consistently done.
- Supervision of children is interactive, engaging and meaningful based on supervisory observation, and agency policy is consistently followed without deviation.
- Medications are administered as prescribed, and feedback from medical providers is positive regarding competency.
Schedule: – One scheduled day per week, and up to 40 hours if covering for RN.
Registered Nurse licensed to practice in South Dakota, with specialized training or one year experience in treating mentally ill individuals. References that can depict level of interest in working with children desirable.
What You'll Love About Us:
- A Century of Service: Established in 1893, Children's Home Society of South Dakota is the state's oldest human service nonprofit organization. Through our many programs, we serve families, individuals, and children of all ages.
- Licensing & Accreditation: We are accredited by The Joint Commission and licensed by South Dakota Department of Social Services as a Child Welfare Agency. We are also certified as a Special Education Program by the Department of Education and Cultural Affairs.
- Our Mission: We empower children, adults, families, and communities to be resilient, safe, healthy, and strong.
- Our Values: We are better together. We choose kindness. We are tenacious.
- Training: On-site, industry-specific learning experiences.
Must successfully complete all required background/pre-employment checks. EOE/AA.